So here's my super easy instructions for awesome pockets.
1. Cut 2 of your pocket fabric. Exactly the same.
2. Placing the fabrics right sides together, sew (or serge) around the edges, leaving either one entire edge open, or a space large enough to turn pocket. In this case, I left a gap large enough to turn my pocket back right side out. BUT don't leave this gap at the top of your pocket, because you won't be sewing the top of your pocket to close it.
3. Clip your corners to prevent any bunching in the corners once it's turned.
4. Turn pocket right side out. Fold the open section to the inside, keeping it even with the rest of the seam. Press.
5. Pocket is now ready to be attached to shirt, apron, dress, etc. Be sure the open gap is on the side or the bottom. Topstitch to your garment fabric and TADA! All done!
**This can be used with rounded pockets also. Follow same instructions!**